On December 21st, 2022, Cebu People’s Multi-Purpose Cooperative celebrated its biggest milestone to date – the 50th founding anniversary. This serves as a historical legacy of the cooperative’s longevity and for standing strong amid all its challenges over the past decades.
To commemorate the golden anniversary, a lavish party occurred at the Waterfront Hotel and Casino, featuring a holy mass, entertainment performances, raffle activities, and a delicious feast of Filipino favorites. Dashing in their traditional Filipino outfits, attendees from the provinces across the Philippines gathered together for a glamorous night.
From the board of directors, committees, partners (CLIMBS, Dept. of Agriculture, pioneer members, former chairperson, general manager/CEO, members in good standing members), People’s Jeep Trans Coop staff to sponsors, everyone was enthusiastic and engaged throughout the event.
To extend gratitude to all the cooperative members and supporters, a string of amazing prizes was given. Ten consolation prize winners received 10 kilos of rice and boxes of My-C vitamins. The third prize winner from the TMPC branch grabbed a brand new Honda Click 125 and 73 boxes of My-C vitamins. A lucky winner from the Bantayan branch won the Yamaha NMAX and 72- boxes of My-C vitamins. And for the grand winner, another member from the Bantayan branch seized the brand new Toyota Wigo and 72- boxes of My-C vitamins.
Various giveaways and prizes were generously given throughout the event. Wearing their brightest smiles, the spectator members and management staff reminisced on the humble beginnings of the cooperative as a series of video montages were played.
President and CEO, Brian Yap, mentioned in his video montage that one of his primary goals is to spread the good deeds of Cebu People’s Cooperative across the country. With this, more people would benefit from the cooperative services and programs that have continuously changed lives since the birth of the cooperative.
The now-established Cebu People’s Multi-Purpose Cooperative traces its humble beginnings way back to December 21st of 1972. In an endeavor to provide a program that empowers people to achieve financial independence, the cooperative was collectively organized by Scarborough fathers through the efforts of VICTO. It was then held at the first office at Borromeo Building on F. Ramos Street, Cebu City. Since then, the cooperative gradually expand across the provinces of the Philippines — becoming a support for business, savings, and livelihood.
Today, Cebu People’s Cooperative continues to be increasingly relevant not only with the adults but also with the youth. With its current management and innovative initiatives, the cooperative has become a model for social transformation and has worked consistently towards the sustainable development of Filipino communities.
Agriculture is one of the thriving sectors in a developing country like the Philippines. It plays a significant role in people’s living in rural areas, which extends its impact in the urban areas. While many of our kababayan rely on Agriculture—especially farmers—as a source of daily income, not everyone has the privilege to sustain the business.
Contrary to stereotypes, farming is a relatively costly endeavor. From land preparation, farm maintenance to farming technologies, some variables need to be addressed to help increase proficiency and production. These are also essentially important to address the high demand for food and other agricultural products.
If you are a farmer, you understand the challenges of running a farm. Financial assistance is crucial to keep the business afloat. That’s where Cebu People’s Multi-Purpose Cooperative Farming Loan Program comes in.
CPMPC Farming Loan Program is a unique program that supports the farming ventures of our farmer-members to expand operations and yield cash crops. Strategic and purposeful use of the loan will set you up for success.
Before you apply to the farming loan program, you want to plan out spending the financial assistance. What resources and technologies will benefit you and keep your business running? How much do you need to borrow? It would be best to answer these prime questions to identify your farming needs before applying for the loan.
Here are farming logistics and plans you should consider to make the most of your loan.
- Purchasing Farm Equipment – Farming requires a lot of legwork that includes special equipment or device to do the job. If you have the right equipment—e.g., tractors, farm trucks, ATVs, plows, or silos—it is easier for you to efficiently deliver and make your job easier. You also have t consider the cost of each piece of equipment, including operating expenses and maintenance or repair costs. Once you finalize the equipment you need, factor it into the size of the farming loan you’re planning to get.
- The Supplies – CPMPC farming loan can help you get off on the right foot by enabling you to purchase the necessary supplies, whether it is seeds, fertilizer, or irrigation water. You also have to consider that you may not generate any cash until harvest time, so plan your loan accordingly.
- Covering Land Costs – A farming loan can help you purchase or lease farmland. The conditions of purchasing farmland can be tricky, and you may need will depend on the farming type you have in mind. In order to efficiently apply for finance, you have to calculate how much land and what type of land you need for your farming goals.
- Rebuilding after Natural Disaster – Storms and floods are inevitable in the Philippines. You may experience these natural disasters and face frustration after it affects your livelihood and income generation. In times like this, CPMPC farming loan can help you redeem your farming endeavor. With this, you can get financial assistance to help cover the costs of repairs and operations.
- Farming Business Growth – CPMPC advocates for its members’ growth and success. By this means, a farming loan is a tool for farmer members to grow their farming business! Expanding your farming operation takes serious investment for bigger land, larger facilities, more supplies, equipment, and manpower. Picture the idea, evaluate your plans, and execute—as a result, you head on the right track.
The farming industry requires both hard work and financial commitment. You do the hard work, we provide you the finance. CPMPC farming loan is geared to finance its farm members for agricultural pursuits. It is also our goal to help push your endeavor to the next level. Get yourself covered with a farming loan and gear yourself in a prosperous farming future.
Take the first step today by contacting us!
Telephone: 032-268-4146 | 032-418-9288
Mobile: 0915-486-2084 | 0963-692-6761
0926-155-8202 | 0968-531-5215
Become a member today!
One of the most pivotal milestones in every Filipino’s life is owning one’s dream house. The idea of achieving such a milestone, however, is not easy to achieve. Only a handful of people have the privilege to pay for a home outright. It takes time, effort, and sacrifices in order to gather sufficient capital and resources to buy a house. Even if you have the dedication to fulfill such a long-term dream, you cannot easily shed away the anxiety that comes with it.
Planning your dream home consists of financial and strategic considerations, but these should not intimidate you. With Cebu People’s Cooperative, applying for a housing loan can help fast-track your dream home. Fulfilling the life goals of its regular members, Cebu People’s Cooperative has turned many Filipino homeowners’ dreams into reality.
A housing loan, when managed properly, can be your biggest catalyst in materializing your dream faster. Here are the prime benefits of a housing loan to help you visualize your future home!
- Sense of Fulfillment – Acquiring your own home is one of the biggest financial investments you may make in your lifetime, and it’s all worth it. Apart from its sentimental value, it also signifies a sense of independence. If you are planning to build a family in the future, applying for a housing loan is your first step to your dream home!
- It is Cost-Effective – Housing loans can help you in the path of homeownership by breaking down the total cost into more affordable monthly installments. With Cebu People’s Cooperative, flexible terms are available for its members. There are also refinancing options to provide low-cost housing terms (e.g. In House or PagIbig).
- Low-Interest Rate – Housing loans have become very affordable nowadays with interest rates moving downward in the recent past. Although interest rates may go through several fluctuation cycles, it is guaranteed that you will benefit from falling rates at some point in the cycle.
- Guaranteed Security – Buying a home is a major expense, so you would surely want to ensure that the property you invest in is free of any legal issues. This is where availing of a housing loan comes into the picture. When you approach a cooperative for a housing loan, a background check should be done to ensure the credibility of the builder as well as the property itself. A series of reviews for the paper associated with the property to ensure the legality and legitimacy of the clearance certificates from the local authorities.
Owning your own home is not only a dream come true that consists of many benefits. This would free you from the burden of expensive rental fees and stiff limitations. When you own your own space, you can sleep soundly in the knowledge that you call the shots. Now, that is priceless!
Have you decided to become a homeowner or still in the middle of the thought? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Take the first step today by contacting us!
Telephone: 032-268-4146 | 032-418-9288
Mobile: 0915-486-2084 | 0963-692-6761
0926-155-8202 | 0968-531-5215
Defining success differs from one perspective. Each one of us has its different story to tell and how we perceive success. But what does it take to be successful? What’s the true essence of being in that state? Let us take a peek at a success story within the compounds of Cebu People’s Multi-Purpose Cooperative.
Meet Kenny Jhon Mandin, 23 years old, Kenny as fondly called by his peers. He is the eldest of three by a solo mom, mama Fe. During his teenage days, they moved to Cebu from Bohol and experienced that life here was a bit challenging when they started. While his mother made extra efforts by selling banana cues, Kenny goes out on weekends helping his mama by peddling banana cues to neighbors or would go out as “konduktor” or fare collector with his stepfather who’s at that time, a jeepney driver. Doing this made him earn extra for his baon or allowance for the school days. It motivated him to thrive with his studies in a meager income and even made some savings.
During summer vacation, assisting his stepfather is his priority instead of playing basketball or horsing around with friends. Since then, it has given him a good push to do good in school and helping his family. With his persistence and hard work, Kenny made it through, finished high school, then pursued college studies at the nearby technological school, in which mama Fe made an extra effort and enrolled him as influenced by their neighbors whose children are also a student of the said school.
When the pandemic hit the country, the world stopped, but not with Kenny’s. Learned and heard of Cebu People’s Jeep excites Kenny. He applied and was accepted as the passenger assistance officer(PAO) next to the driver. That kept him busy despite the lockdown and while the pandemic challenges both lives and their livelihood. Kenny made much of the crisis by juggling work and studying online.
Some, believe that poverty is a hindrance to success. Kenny made it his inspiration by pursuing his passion, learning, and goal to support his family and never give up with all the life struggles thrown at him. Because Kenny believes in the saying ” When life throws you a lemon make lemonade. ”
Kenny’s determination landed him a permanent job as the official driver of Cebu People’s Multi-Purpose Cooperative CEO. This paves the way to graduate with his electrical engineering technology course from Center for Industrial Technology and Enterprise, a nonstock non-profit educational organization founded in the ’90s in Cebu City.
Kenny is planning to pursue his studies and wanted to become a licensed electrical engineer someday. His dreams and desires always get the blessing from the cooperative as it allows its people to pursue building dreams, careers, and future.
LAPU-LAPU CITY, Philippines — With the surge of technological necessity in an age of social distancing, CPMPC recognizes the importance of a virtual operation, as a dedicated counterpart of their physical headquarters across the country, to uphold consistent quality service and timely support. In times of quarantine, there is a dire need to stay at home while most endeavors have gradually transitioned to virtual activities. In response to this need, CPMPC launches its redefined website and the full-pledged customer support to assist the public, twenty-four, seven.
“The newly revamped website will serve as a virtual office to cater the users and clients with their membership and service inquiries,” said Mr. Macario Quevedo, with with the approval and guidance of the current Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Brian Yap, during the internal project meeting last March 19. For months of ideation, designing, and development, CPMPC is delighted to officially launch the website today, April 16, 2021.
With the pandemic idling some business sectors and livelihoods, Mr. Quevedo made it clear to elevate the plans in helping its members, as well as the future members situated in remote areas with less to no access to cooperative offices through digitalization. Current members can pay their monthly transactions in the comforts of their home while getting up-to-date advisories and announcements through website and social media pages.
Another goal of the website project is to fully solidify CPMPC’s status as one of the most reputable cooperatives in the country—and their branding comes into play. Faithful to its corporate mission, CPMPC provides easy access to competitive financial services and resources for its people’s sustainable growth and development—this time, with the advent of modern technology’s web and social media portal.
With its immersive supergraphics and animations, the restructured website provides an up-close-and-personal experience about CPMPC’s services, its people, principles, and leadership. There is now an easier way to learn about the breakdown of what the services have in store, and to browse information based on the user’s personal preference.
The current clients, members, and prospective collaborators will find the snapshots of the myriad of services on the homepage, as it is aesthetically designed to visually communicate to the people. Embedded videos will capture the attention of prospect members to understand the quick process and requirements of Coop regular membership. The most updated real-time statistics of the CPMPC’s illustrative financial and people’s growth is also highlighted.
Amongst the new features, the website integrates the newly-optimized Facebook Page, COOP Radio, and added Instagram and Twitter accounts to foster improved communication with clients and members. A real-time chat support also comes in handy to those who want to chat with representatives for immediate concerns.
The vibrant Cebu People’s Multi-Purpose Cooperative website is just the beginning of the cooperative’s innovative automated shift. Cutting-edge thought leadership, future projects like MyStore, MangPipol’s media coverages, and future successes will simultaneously commence soon!