Cebu People’s Multi-Purpose Cooperative recently held its 50th Annual Representative Assembly last March 12, 2023, at the IEC Convention Center Cebu (IC3). The event was a significant gathering of prominent people dedicated to making important decisions for the advancement of the cooperative.
The assembly was attended by the cooperative officers and members in Good Standing (MIGS), who had a vested interest in the cooperative’s success and were there to participate in the decision-making process and provide significant inputs. The assembly was also graced by a special guest, Senator Imee Marcos.
The assembly was an essential event for Cebu People’s Multi-Purpose Cooperative as it provided a platform to discuss critical issues involving the organization. The discussions centered on the cooperative’s current state and the direction it would take moving forward. The event was divided into several sessions, with the most crucial part being the business meeting.
During the business meeting, members discussed various proposals that could affect the cooperative positively or negatively. The cooperative ambassador Mr. Jacob Layan, expressed his thoughts and happiness about the successful assembly. Although he had concerns about the cooperative’s financial challenges, it was reassuring to know that there were active plans in place to address them. He hopes that the cooperative can take steps to solve the dilemma. Despite his reservations, Mr. Layan remains optimistic that Cebu People’s Cooperative will continue to prioritize the needs of each member.
During the assembly, members had the opportunity to reflect on the cooperative’s accomplishments over the past year and identify areas for improvement. They discussed strategies to address these issues and developed plans to propel the cooperative forward.
The assembly started promptly at 8:20 AM and lasted for approximately 12 hours, showcasing the cooperative’s dedication to serving its members and community. The well-organized event saw active participation from members who engaged in meaningful discussions and made informed decisions.
The 50th Annual Representative Assembly of Cebu People’s Multi-Purpose Cooperative was a pivotal event that united its members. The discussions revolved around crucial issues affecting the cooperative, and members developed plans to tackle them. The assembly also served as a moment to commemorate the cooperative’s accomplishments from the previous year and set the course for its future. With its dedication to its members and the community, Cebu People’s Multi-Purpose Cooperative is poised to advance inclusive growth and remain a crucial pillar of the community.
On December 21st, 2022, Cebu People’s Multi-Purpose Cooperative celebrated its biggest milestone to date – the 50th founding anniversary. This serves as a historical legacy of the cooperative’s longevity and for standing strong amid all its challenges over the past decades.
To commemorate the golden anniversary, a lavish party occurred at the Waterfront Hotel and Casino, featuring a holy mass, entertainment performances, raffle activities, and a delicious feast of Filipino favorites. Dashing in their traditional Filipino outfits, attendees from the provinces across the Philippines gathered together for a glamorous night.
From the board of directors, committees, partners (CLIMBS, Dept. of Agriculture, pioneer members, former chairperson, general manager/CEO, members in good standing members), People’s Jeep Trans Coop staff to sponsors, everyone was enthusiastic and engaged throughout the event.
To extend gratitude to all the cooperative members and supporters, a string of amazing prizes was given. Ten consolation prize winners received 10 kilos of rice and boxes of My-C vitamins. The third prize winner from the TMPC branch grabbed a brand new Honda Click 125 and 73 boxes of My-C vitamins. A lucky winner from the Bantayan branch won the Yamaha NMAX and 72- boxes of My-C vitamins. And for the grand winner, another member from the Bantayan branch seized the brand new Toyota Wigo and 72- boxes of My-C vitamins.
Various giveaways and prizes were generously given throughout the event. Wearing their brightest smiles, the spectator members and management staff reminisced on the humble beginnings of the cooperative as a series of video montages were played.
President and CEO, Brian Yap, mentioned in his video montage that one of his primary goals is to spread the good deeds of Cebu People’s Cooperative across the country. With this, more people would benefit from the cooperative services and programs that have continuously changed lives since the birth of the cooperative.
The now-established Cebu People’s Multi-Purpose Cooperative traces its humble beginnings way back to December 21st of 1972. In an endeavor to provide a program that empowers people to achieve financial independence, the cooperative was collectively organized by Scarborough fathers through the efforts of VICTO. It was then held at the first office at Borromeo Building on F. Ramos Street, Cebu City. Since then, the cooperative gradually expand across the provinces of the Philippines — becoming a support for business, savings, and livelihood.
Today, Cebu People’s Cooperative continues to be increasingly relevant not only with the adults but also with the youth. With its current management and innovative initiatives, the cooperative has become a model for social transformation and has worked consistently towards the sustainable development of Filipino communities.
Agriculture is one of the thriving sectors in a developing country like the Philippines. It plays a significant role in people’s living in rural areas, which extends its impact in the urban areas. While many of our kababayan rely on Agriculture—especially farmers—as a source of daily income, not everyone has the privilege to sustain the business.
Contrary to stereotypes, farming is a relatively costly endeavor. From land preparation, farm maintenance to farming technologies, some variables need to be addressed to help increase proficiency and production. These are also essentially important to address the high demand for food and other agricultural products.
If you are a farmer, you understand the challenges of running a farm. Financial assistance is crucial to keep the business afloat. That’s where Cebu People’s Multi-Purpose Cooperative Farming Loan Program comes in.
CPMPC Farming Loan Program is a unique program that supports the farming ventures of our farmer-members to expand operations and yield cash crops. Strategic and purposeful use of the loan will set you up for success.
Before you apply to the farming loan program, you want to plan out spending the financial assistance. What resources and technologies will benefit you and keep your business running? How much do you need to borrow? It would be best to answer these prime questions to identify your farming needs before applying for the loan.
Here are farming logistics and plans you should consider to make the most of your loan.
- Purchasing Farm Equipment – Farming requires a lot of legwork that includes special equipment or device to do the job. If you have the right equipment—e.g., tractors, farm trucks, ATVs, plows, or silos—it is easier for you to efficiently deliver and make your job easier. You also have t consider the cost of each piece of equipment, including operating expenses and maintenance or repair costs. Once you finalize the equipment you need, factor it into the size of the farming loan you’re planning to get.
- The Supplies – CPMPC farming loan can help you get off on the right foot by enabling you to purchase the necessary supplies, whether it is seeds, fertilizer, or irrigation water. You also have to consider that you may not generate any cash until harvest time, so plan your loan accordingly.
- Covering Land Costs – A farming loan can help you purchase or lease farmland. The conditions of purchasing farmland can be tricky, and you may need will depend on the farming type you have in mind. In order to efficiently apply for finance, you have to calculate how much land and what type of land you need for your farming goals.
- Rebuilding after Natural Disaster – Storms and floods are inevitable in the Philippines. You may experience these natural disasters and face frustration after it affects your livelihood and income generation. In times like this, CPMPC farming loan can help you redeem your farming endeavor. With this, you can get financial assistance to help cover the costs of repairs and operations.
- Farming Business Growth – CPMPC advocates for its members’ growth and success. By this means, a farming loan is a tool for farmer members to grow their farming business! Expanding your farming operation takes serious investment for bigger land, larger facilities, more supplies, equipment, and manpower. Picture the idea, evaluate your plans, and execute—as a result, you head on the right track.
The farming industry requires both hard work and financial commitment. You do the hard work, we provide you the finance. CPMPC farming loan is geared to finance its farm members for agricultural pursuits. It is also our goal to help push your endeavor to the next level. Get yourself covered with a farming loan and gear yourself in a prosperous farming future.
Take the first step today by contacting us!
Telephone: 032-268-4146 | 032-418-9288
Mobile: 0915-486-2084 | 0963-692-6761
0926-155-8202 | 0968-531-5215
Become a member today!